Friday, April 29, 2011

Curtain Up: Matt Wertz


Matt Wertz


Haven't done a Curtain Up in a long time and also wanted to do a Curtain Up for Mr. Wertz for a long time, so here we go! He just released a new album in March so there couldn't be a better time to introduce this jewel to you!
I would describe his music as Acoustic(-Rock) with here and there a little bit Pop. But actually his genre is "Awesome", "Amazing" & "At The Top". But that's just me.
What else can I tell you? When you listen to his songs you will hear lyrics you have never ever heard before. What do I mean by that? I mean that when we take a listen to the "big" artists in the business we can find mostly the same way a story is told. Just check some Rihanna, Katy Perry, Britney Spears and-so-on lyrics and you will see that they all have something in common: unimaginative lyrics. There's always a girl and a boy and one is happy and the other is sad and then there is some sex and to make it all good they go to parties. To make it short. The situation is different with Matt Wertz. Of course there are also lovestories and girls and boys and so on, but he takes something absolutely ordinary and makes it special. But you can convince yourself soon!
Here's a little advise from me: Don't start in the middle. I will intentionally add the links now in the order the albums were released and you really should follow this. Why? Because seƱor Wertz is one of those artists that do it better with every album. He grows with every album and you won't notice when you listen every which way. But maybe you don't care about that, then feel free to start wherever you want.

Somedays
Debut album / released in 2001

Faith And Compromise
Yesterday Morning
Even The Streets
Lonely Tonight
This Moment



Orange
EP / Released in 2002

Behind A Smile



Twentythree Places
Second Album / released in 2003

Everything's Right
Red meets Blue
Counting to 100
Sweetness in Starlight



Today & Tomorrow
EP / Released in 2005

Wanderin' Eyes
Honest Man



Everything in Between
Third album / released in 2006

The Way I Feel
Carolina
Over You
Like The Last Time
Naturally



Under Summer Sun
Fourth album / released in 2008

5:19
I Will Not Take My Love Away
Marianne
With you, tonight
Summer Sun



While We're Becoming
EP / released in 2010

I just realized
Somebody New
Sing My Lonesome Away



Weights & Wings
Fifth album / released in 2011

Don't come easy
For the first time
Someone like you
Feels so right
Somebody's gonna love you


(Let me know if there are problems with the links.)
I actually wanted to show you of course my favorites or simply the best ones, but it's kind of really hard to find links to all songs, so in the end I picked the videos/links I could find. I know the quality is sometimes a bit ew, but better than nothing!
There are different versions of some songs, but I couldn't manage to find them all. I was happy enough to even find one. ;)
He also has 2 Live Recordings if I remember right and another EP called "Where we started", but the EP contains just different versions (I guess) and one additional song which I couldn't find of course.

Enjoy!!

Homepage
Wikipedia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment