Monday, May 21, 2012

Camera issues 3!

Or not so much issues anymore? I think I found a camera! WOWOWOWOOO :)
It's a Nikon though :/
Not trying to say Canon is SO MUCH BETTER or something, I'm just used to Canon and it's more of a personal thing. And after the examples I posted yesterday, well, Nikon is simply better in this category I guess. Especially when it comes to prices.

But let me show you!

Nikon Coolpix 300! 225€

Example A
Example B
Example C
Example D
Example E
Example F
Example G Wow!
Example H
Example I
Example J
Example K
Example L
Example M Camera effect used....
Example N
Example O
Example P
Example Q
Example R
Example S

I don't know about you, but this is insane! It's a 12MP, 4x optical zoom, Full HD digicam and I would have never expected results like those!

VIDEO EXAMPLE

This little baby totally convinced me.
Although I will probably buy the 310. For 282€. Simply because the 310 is IS, while the 300 isn't. The 310 has 16MP but let's be honest, from 10MP on the MP number is just a customer catcher or however you say that in english.

Check this picture for a comparison. (Left = 300)
As you can see the difference is minimal. Basically it can almost not be seen with the naked eye.



I already told you that I don't care about guest reviews on amazon, because it's nothing new that companies pay people for writing rave reviews for them, but still do I take a look at them here and there. This new "Amazon verified purchase" feature is quite nice actually. It doesn't mean the review is 100% true, it just says, it's a real person at least lol.

It's quite curious, that people there compare the 300 and the 310 with advantages and disadvantages without mentioning the IS, but have all the time in the world to talk about how the flash is so nice because it is placed where 'he' doesn't put his finger. That's a SUPER important criteria for buying a camera. Really.
So much for that.

Anyways, a lot of people on there have criticised the Canon digis for exactly what I was telling you the other day. They're pretty useless, altogether.

It actually kinda hurts to pay 60€ more for basically the same camera but I know IS is worth the money. My 50/1.8 for example isn't IS and that can be annoying. I'm pretty good at handheld pictures, but there are moments when you just can't help it. Maybe it's cold and you freeze or the ground is lumpy and you have troubles finding your balance etc. So yeah. 300€ was the maximum I wanted to pay and yeah of course I'm at the limit now. It's always the same.

Also is it always the same that the GOOD cameras can only be bought in black and white. -___- Not even silver. Such a bummer. White looks cheap so I'll be boring and take it in black. I have a feeling it will be just like it was with my Motorola RAZR v3i. When I got that phone a century ago it was ONLY available in black. Because it was new. Not even 2months later you could buy it in almost every colour. Gosh I was so pissed lol.


I hope I could help one or two people to find a new digicam for an acceptable price. Just glad I can send it back to amazon if it turns out to be useless. I'll write a review as soon as the cam is here of course!

xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment